I am an integrative BACP-accredited counsellor, relationship (couples) counsellor, and supervisor.
I hold a full public liability insurance and an up-to-date Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
As a counsellor, I have a special interest in how the past influences the present. I believe that the way in which we think, feel, behave, and relate to others is influenced by early childhood (also known as attachment) and previous life experiences. People often notice patterns in their thoughts, feelings, behaviours, and relationships. I work with clients to understand the origins of their presenting issues (or symptoms) so old wounds can be healed. I then help clients to create different responses so they can break familiar (often unhelpful) cycles and move forward with their lives.
My training and experience as a counsellor is focused on social differences and how different parts of our identity interact to influence our experience of the world. I work with clients from all genders, sexualities, races, cultures, ethnicities, religions, ages, geographical locations, classes, and abilities.
I work with clients face to face at the Cherry Tree Centre in Buckhurst Hill or online. Whatever is most convenient for you!
I see clients privately or through difference insurance companies, including Bupa, AXA (EAP), Nuffield Health, Vitality and Aviva.
Previous counselling experiences include:
- Women’s Aid (counselling survivors of childhood and domestic abuse)
- Bereavement Charities (counselling adolescents and adults individually and in groups plus delivering grief workshops)
- East-London Secondary School (I set-up a counselling service and have a lot of experience supporting adolescents with their mental health)
- Anxiety group (I used to run a monthly drop-in anxiety group at the Cherry Tree Centre which was educational and supportive)
Please visit my “Common concerns” page for more information on issues I frequently encounter.
Qualifications and Trainings
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling
- Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling
- Counselling Skills Certificate (Level 2)
- Diploma in Integrative Supervision
- Level 5 Post-Qualifying Certificate in Relational (couples) Counselling (completing December 2023/January 2024)
- First Class Honours in Psychology (BSc)
- Working with survivors of childhood sexual abuse